FULL FORM :
1. MOSFET - Mtal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor .
2. VLSI - very large scale integrated design .
Now, most VLSI digital memory and microprocessor circuits are based on the MOS technology because :
1. Less chip are is demanded by an individual MOS transistor , which results in more functions in less area .
2. Critical defects per unit chip area are fewer for an MOS transistor because MOS transistor requires fewer steps in fabrication .
3. MOS devices offer a high noise immunity .
4. fewer transistors are realise a circuite function .
5. Fabrication cost is lower than bipolar one .
(Referance from ELECTRONICS FOR YOU . APRIL 2012 . )
Compare to other devices why MOSFET is so important in the VLSI design technology ?
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users